Steam Quality Testing
Hospitals depend on sterile instruments. Wet steam can cause wet packs. We can help you eliminate wet packs… by eliminating wet steam.
Regulators and valves last longer when handling clean, dry steam. Ask for our articles on steam quality, or about a training class at your facility.
- Sterilizers and Autoclaves – What is Steam Quality?
- Steam requirements for sterile processing
- Troubleshooting surface stains on instruments after steam sterilization
- How to Spot Trouble in Steam Sterilization
- Noncondensible gases:
Undesirable contaminants in your steam supply
- Troubleshooting Steam System Problems:
Locating and Eliminating Sources of Wet Steam and Water Hammer
- Successful Steam System Operation Strategies
- SBA – WBE – Woman Owned Business Enterprise
- An SBA Small Business – NAICS Industry 541330 – Engineering Services
- US SAM DUNS number 790978204
- Professional Partner IAHCSMM
Steam Quality Testing – Wet Steam Solution Services.™
Our consulting service can help you resolve your sterilizer, humidifier and heat exchanger problems. We realize how frustrating, expensive, and time-consuming it can be to “try things”.
- Wet steam / poor steam quality situations require a site visit.
- We will visit and perform steam quality tests and a system audit.
- We are flexible. As our “Successful Strategies” article illustrates, technical solutions are also human solutions.
We have performed thousands of steam quality tests in healthcare and pharmaceutical facilities.
We follow the procedures in:
- ANSI/AAMI ST79 Comprehensive guide to steam sterilization and sterility assurance in health care facilities
- European Standard EN285 for pharmaceuticals
A Typical Solution Involves:
- Request for proposal – We try to have a written quote** for you the same day as the RFP.
- Data acquisition – We need whatever pictures, log sheets, drawings, sketches, and problem statements you can offer.
- Steam Quality Testing – Typically a one-day site visit. We require a knowledgeable escort, since we start at the problem site, and work our way back to the steam source.
- Solution and resolution – We will review all findings before leaving athe site, or as directed.
We will promptly (48-72 hours) deliver a written report documenting testing and inspection results. Corrective action steps and follow ups will be clearly spelled out.
Steam Distribution Tunnels
Walked many, many miles…
We have walked many, many miles in steam distribution tunnels. It’s essential to inspect the insulation, pitch and drainage in order to solve problems.
Thermo Diagnostics Company LLC
― WHAT WE DO
Thermo Diagnostics Company LLC performs steam quality testing and system audits. We may make piping or repair recommendations for systems operating on steam. Many engineering firms have looked to us for guidance on sterile processing steam system design.
― LOCAL CODES
We urge clients to consult with local professionals before implementing piping changes which could impact local codes or steam system integrity.
― OUR PROMISE
We pledge to take a professional, team approach to resolving issues, not a finger pointing exercise. It is in everyone’s interest to have a safe, well run mechanical system.